25.10.09

DANCING DOLPA : Some IMAGES





Luckily I got an opportunity to works in Dolpa, Western Region of Nepal. I was there in the year 2006 and 2007 for the study of yarsagumba (Also called yarchagunbu / Jeevan Buti / Kira / Chyau / Chyau Kira / Jeevan Buti / Buti) in english Caterpillar fungus and scientifically Cordyceps sinenis (now also termed as Ophiocordyceps sinensis). The research project was managed by Socio Economic, Agro-Forestry and Environment (SAFE) Concern, Nepal and Funded by WWF Nepal. In first year I went there alone from Kathmandu and in second year friend Anil Shrestha was accompanied with me. Overall, study was focused on Ecology and Sociology of Yarsagumba of Dolpa.



After being in Dolpa and after completion of works on yarsaguba, I have tried my best to write, disseminate and aware about local scenario whatever I can from my side. In the initial stage of my research I had to faced political problems and in second year natural disasters. Sixteen peoples were died in the collection pastures due to heavily snowfall and we were escape in the crevices of the stones. 


After this long gap, I realized that I must post some of my collection photographs and memories in my blog so here I am posting few photographs. Its the initiation, I will manage more photographs one by one in future days.


No comments:

Post a Comment